Agia Triada (Holy Trinity) Klimatia
Klimatia is a village of three hundred and fifty people in the north side of Corfu. In the upper side of the village, at 450 meters altitude, there is the Holy Monastery of Holy Trinity Ypsili. From the top, someone can see on the one side the sea and on the other Albania and Diapontian Islands. A visitor can go to this men’s monastery from a dirt road and there can admire the beauty of nature.
The monastery was founded in 14th and 15th century and consists of two buildings, the Temple in the one and in the other the Archontariki, five cells for the monks, the kitchen and a big balcony. The Temple consists of only one room and it has cylindrical roof full of sacred icons and wall paintings made in various periods. Next to the north gate of the Sanctuary there is an old wall painting depicting Christ, Virgin Mary and Ioannis the Prodromos. It dates back to the 14th century. In the walls of the Temple there are figures of the military and other important Saints that were created in 1763, according to a sign in the upper side of the gate. The painting of Pantokrator on the ceiling (urania), the sacred icons of the temple, the icons of saints painted as well as the one of the Holy Trinity around 1850, after which the Monastery is named.
The brotherhood of the monastery consists of the abbot Archimandrite Romanos and hieromonk Athanasios. In its re-establishement, it was officially recognised by the Presidential Decree N.183/19 September 2005, t.A. N. 230. Along with his duties, the abbot is also a preacher in the districts Thinalion, Faiakon and Kassopion. Hieromonk Athanasios is priest in the nearby villages. Lastly, they are open to every visitor and they are trying to cover the needs of the monastery.